We’ve mentioned wedding hairstyles plenty of times over the weeks, whether they were down hairstyles or updos. We have not, however, went into detail about the different hairstyle types within those categories. So today we thought that it would be best to give a great list of all the beautiful and classic wedding updos so you can choose the perfect one for you!
- The Classic: Curl your hair with a curling iron and then sweep your hair up and secure it on the top of your head in a high ponytail. Let the curls do their own thing, but keep them in control. They should spill out around the elastic, but pin any stray strands down and spray it into place.
- Simple Ponytail: Even though this is a very basic style, this style can look sophisticated. Gather your hair into a low-slung ponytail. With this style, your hair stylist can make your hair shinier with a shine serum.
- Create a Crown: For a more detailed hairstyle, a crown of twists would be the perfect choice. Here, you need to divide hair into small sections and twist each section to create a crown by pining the twists to the crown of your head.
- French Twist: It’s the Audrey Hepburn look. A classic French twist works the best with hair that’s in great condition so it’s important that if you want a French twist, start deep-conditioning your hair immediately.
- For Romantics: Unstructured hairdos are the perfect choice for a garden setting or Victorian-style gown. Use a product that will hold your hair in place while also allowing your hair to shine. Then, scrunch your hair to form soft waves and curls. Pull it all in the back and form it in a downward French roll and use a large barrette to secure your hair at the nape of your neck.
- Half Up: If you can’t decide which you prefer (an up or down hairstyle) then why not try both? Sweep the front half of your curls back into a pin and let the rest hang down.
- More Modern: This hairstyle is close to a simple uptwist, but with an added frame of locks around your face to soften the look.
Do it Yourself Or Ask the Experts!
These are the most popular types of wedding hairstyle updos that you can choose from. You can save money by doing it yourself, but if you want it to look profressional, a hair salon on the Outer Banks is the perfect solution. But if updos are not your thing, remember, Hairoics can accomplish any hairstyle you want, all you need to do is just ask! Check back later for our list of beautiful down hairdos to see which is the best choice for you and as always, leave a comment!