It’s the start of April, which means that summer is almost here on the Outer Banks! It’s time to cut off all that winter hair and find a style that’s perfect for the hot and sunny days that will soon be here. But before you make a decision on which hairstyle to choose, you should probably take a look at the summer hairstyle trends of 2011.
A Blast from the Past
- Retro look: Old seems to be the new this summer and 80’s style pixie cuts and fringes are in style. Bold and assymetrical with vibrant highlights are also gaining traction. It’s all about fun and creativity!
- Bob: This timeless hairstyle is back again, featuring strong graphic outlines that incorporate curves and sharp lines. Get creative and try one side longer, or raise the back and lengthen the front. Tailor the bob cut to your face for individualism.
- Fringe: a hot hairstyle on many runway models, fringe can either add elegance or make a bold statement. Find a fringe cut that brings out your own personality and facial structure.
- Layers: A fashionable style that can compliment other haircuts. Use casual textures and a natural look with free moving hair. With slightly tousled waves, it can add volume and texture to make layers a fun way to style your hair!
- Crop: this style seems to be holding its own with short versatile lengths adding texture, volume, and bounce. Instead of the boring usual crop, try broken edges that use the natural flow of your own hair as a guide, creating personality.
For summer 2011, the focus on trendy hairstyles seems to be on natural looking movement and volume. So find that gorgeous hairstyle for yourself and head over to an Outer Banks hair salon to chop off those winter dead ends.The professional hairstylists at Hairoics can easily give you one of these fashionable hairstyles before you know it. Also, make sure you take care for your summer hair under the boiling sun by taking extra precautions.