So your wedding day is coming? Even if that’s not the case, it’s always fun to plan a head of time! Before you head over to an Outer Banks hair salon for your hair and make up, you need to know what kind of look you want to achieve: are you going for something plain and natural, or something more dramatic? Do you want your hair put up? What about bold eye and bold lip wedding make up, or a more natural look? You need to compliment your face, so keep that in mind when deciding what you want your hair and make up to look like.
Wedding Dresses and Hairstyles
And don’t forget about the dress! You must pick a hair style and make up that goes perfectly with the wedding dress. If you are not sure what goes together here are some basic guidelines:
- Vintage style gowns: look great with vintage hair styles like victory rolls and finger curls
- Strapless gowns: look best with your hair down, or only partially up
- Heavily decorated gowns: with lots of bead and embroidery, can easily be complimented with a dramatic up do
- Ball gowns: will look best with a high up do
- Halter dresses: look best with all of your hair pulled up and off your shoulders
When you’ve decided what look you want, its time to make it happen. If you want to get your wedding hair and make up done professionally, a smart choice is to go into the Outer Banks hair salon of your choice for a trial run before the actual wedding day.
Important Points to Consider:
- Wear the color of your wedding gown on the day of the trail to see how it looks
- Bring your veil and any other hair accessories you plan on wearing
- Have pictures of looks you like
- Be prepared with clean, dry hair
- Make sure that your face is clean and well moisturized for the wedding make up
- Bring a camera and a friend with similar tastes!
- Be completely honest about how you feel about different looks and style.
- Expect to spend one hour on each the hair and make up totaling for 2 hours.
Hairoics is the perfect place to go for just this occasion. Not only can they give their professional opinion on what looks amazing or what looks bland, but these experts can also give you the wedding hairstyle and make up that you’ve always been dreaming for.